Finding Hope in the Darkness

 


          Honestly, thinking about the future feels overwhelming. It's not that I don't want to dream, but sometimes it's hard to see past the darkness that surrounds me. I've been struggling for so long, just trying to make it through each day.

          Since I was a teenager, I've battled with thoughts of giving up. It's like a heavy weight on my shoulders, dragging me down and making it hard to see any light ahead. Sometimes, I feel like there's no point in dreaming because I can't imagine a future where things get better.

          But even in the darkest moments, there's a tiny glimmer of hope that keeps me going. It's the thought that maybe, just maybe, things won't always be this hard. It's the feeling of warmth from the people who care about me, even when I struggle to care about myself.

          

          So, where do I see myself in ten years? It's hard to say for sure, but I hope that I'll be in a better place than I am now. Maybe I'll have found the courage to reach out for help and start healing from the pain that weighs me down. Maybe I'll have discovered passions and dreams that give me a reason to keep going.

          I know the road ahead won't be easy, but I refuse to give up hope. My dream, my future, is to find peace and happiness, even in the midst of darkness. And I'll keep holding onto that hope, no matter how hard things get, because I believe that better days are possible, even for someone like me.

Reference:

Montoya, M. (n.d.). Why are so many teens struggling with mental health? The Stinger. https://achsstinger.com/74504/features/why-are-so-many-teens-struggling-with-mental-health/

The meaning of hope. (2020, February 17). Our Daily Bread Ministries. https://ourdailybread.org/article/the-meaning-of-hope/

Boyle, S. (2022, November 17). The Future – Momentum 360. Momentum 360. https://www.momentumvirtualtours.com/blog/the-future-of-photography/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Canvas of Growth

Growth Over Change

Capturing Change Through the Lens of Responsibility